Software Development Manager
Recognised as one of the world’s original and most established fintech organisations, Fexco employs over 2,300 people across its suite of companies headquartered in Killorglin, Co. Kerry located in the South West of Ireland. Founded in 1981, Fexco now has operations in 29 countries across Europe, the Middle East, Asia-Pacific, North America and Latin America.
Fexco serves some of the world’s biggest brands across multiple industries, predominantly in the payments and foreign exchange sectors, through a wide range of innovative products and services including; Dynamic Currency Conversion (DCC), Multi Currency Pricing (MCP), Tax Free Shopping and Retail FX. Fexco also offers bespoke Managed Business Solutions and Outsourcing services as well as a full suite of payment management solutions through its Corporate Payments business
Fexco Drive is currently recruiting for a Software Development Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for activities critical to ensuring software solutions are designed, developed and delivered to the highest standard and quality. This is a highly technical hands-on role requiring the candidate to have extensive knowledge in building complex, large scale projects.
Fexco Drive has developed an unmatched capability in building, operating and supporting the delivery of complex mission critical technology platforms for both our own Fexco products and those of our partners. Come join us as we build next generation software solutions using some of the latest technologies available. We are looking for brilliant minds to come join us in a fast-paced, exciting, innovative work environment. This is an exciting opportunity for someone interested in building novel technology solutions, with a work life balance unmatched and a spectacular location in our newly opened Research Development and Innovation Centre on the southwest coast of Ireland.
- Responsible for delivering high quality software solutions and supporting development teams in adhering to excellent standards in the design, development and implementation of software solutions while being alert and focused on security risks and controls.
- Oversee and co-ordinate people, resources and processes required to deliver new software, upgrades and maintenance of existing products.
- Provide input into software development life-cycle, improvement and standardisation strategies.
- Manage the implementation of software projects from a technical perspective, ensuring best practice is applied in all cases, and project costs are in line with budget.
- Work closely and proactively with customers to ensure that software projects fulfil their requirements.
- Investigate and evaluate new application software platforms and development technologies.
- Identify opportunities for improvement and make constructive suggestions for change.
- Understand various programming languages with an ability to solve problems in coding, testing and deployment.
- Conduct effective performance evaluations and mentor developers and senior developers through formal and informal channels.
- Encourage team interaction, enhance employee motivation and appreciate team contribution.
- Post graduate degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Technology or a related technical field.
- 8+ years of experience as a software engineer/architect is desirable.
- Experience of successfully managing or leading software development teams and projects.
- Effective leadership, interpersonal communication skills and problem-solving ability.
- The ability to command respect and to create a working environment of collaboration amongst the members of the project teams.
- Ability to work on own initiative and often under pressure to demanding timelines.
- Experience in troubleshooting, software development processes and ability to understand and implement client requirements.
- Experience in Agile software development and knowledge of the software development lifecycle, Scrum, TDD, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a proven ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
What would also be great to have:
- Experience deploying to cloud environments such as Microsoft Azure & GCP.
- A genuine excitement to continuously strive to build knowledge, experience and skills while assisting others to develop new skills and advance their careers.
- Extensive knowledge of agile methodologies, automated pipelines, DevSecOps, SRE and DevOps practices.
Fexco is proud to support and promote a diverse and inclusive workplace.