Business Intelligence Developer
Recognised as one of the world’s original and most established fintech organisations, Fexco employs over 2,300 people across its suite of companies headquartered in Killorglin, Co. Kerry located in the South West of Ireland. Founded in 1981, Fexco now has operations in 29 countries across Europe, the Middle East, Asia-Pacific, North America and Latin America.
Fexco serves some of the world’s biggest brands across multiple industries, predominantly in the payments and foreign exchange sectors, through a wide range of innovative products and services including; Dynamic Currency Conversion (DCC), Multi Currency Pricing (MCP), Tax Free Shopping and Retail FX. Fexco also offers bespoke Managed Business Solutions and Outsourcing services as well as a full suite of payment management solutions through its Corporate Payments business.
The Business Intelligence (BI) Developer works collaboratively with end users to develop reporting systems that provide accessible information for decision-making. The BI Developer uses warehouse data to solve organisational problems through reports, analysis, and data visualization. The BI Developer will provide enterprise-wide data warehouse expertise with emphasis on data design, access, usage, security, and quality of information assets.
- Collaborating with end users to identify needs and opportunities for improved data management and delivery.
- Overseeing the ongoing development and operations of an operational data store and enterprise data warehouse.
- Improving and streamlining processes regarding data flow and data quality to improve data accuracy, viability and value.
- Overseeing the ongoing development and operations of a business intelligence architecture that enables fact-based decision making and ad hoc analysis and insight generation.
- Translate business needs into analytics/reporting requirements, and interface with company and client to ensure successful delivery of client reporting.
- Design, code, test, and document BI systems, applications, and programs.
- Assist in the design of databases and data warehouses to ensure interoperability with BI solutions.
- Produce and implement ETL design guidelines to ensure a manageable ETL infrastructure for the BI system.
- Define, Implement, and Setup of, Physical, Logical (business), and Presentation objects
- Work with project managers to ensure that data entry, retrieval, change, and delete functions meet business requirements for project completion.
- Design and deliver end-user training and training materials; provide technical support as necessary.
- Troubleshoot BI tools, systems, and software; performance-tune these applications as necessary.
- Bachelor's degree in information technology or related field.
- Minimum of 3 years direct work experience with one of the following BI reporting tools; Microsoft Power BI, Google Data Studio, Google Looker
- Minimum of 3 years direct work experience with one of the following Cloud data warehouse; Azure Synapse Analytics, Google BigQuery
- Knowledge of data warehouse methodologies and data modeling.
- Knowledge of ETL tools , Google Dataflow, Spark, Hive , PLSQL
- Experience with relational databases, such as Oracle, MS SQL Server
- Proficient in Microsoft applications, Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc
- Strong understanding of relational database structures, theories, principles, and practices.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills are essential in order to train and coach multiple business areas
- Excellent organisational skills
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Fexco is proud to support and promote a diverse and inclusive workplace.